A good gaming recliner lets you play your favorite titles in extreme comfort. But not all products of the same value as others. Check out our article if you want the definitive list of the best gaming recliners.
If you want to get good at video games, then they require a lot of time spent sitting and playing. Unfortunately, after a few hours, most seats start to feel uncomfortable. Most of the time, this issue comes from the fact that chair only features one, rigid, uptight position.
Luckily, there are gaming chairs explicitly made for gamers who play for marathon stretches. These types of chairs recline to a place that feels just right when you play for extended periods.
These chairs usually feature sturdy foundations and helpful things like built-in speakers and cup holders. There are even gaming recliners that let you relax both on and off the screen. In this article, we list some of our favorite products that should appeal to every gamer out there.
That way you can play games comfortably for as long as you want. But first, let us go over some necessary information for any first-time buyers when it comes to gamer furniture.
Gaming Recliner Frequently Asked Questions
Before we get into some of the nitty-gritty details regarding the gaming recliners on our list, let us go over some necessary information about them. In this section, we answer some popular questions by customers curious in gaming recliners and chairs.
- How are gaming recliners different from other chairs?
Game recliners differ from other chairs in several essential ways. First and foremost is the comfort level. Game recliners should allow you to play video games uninterrupted for hours before you feel any discomfort. In this way, they are similar to beautiful office chairs.
However, they differ from these models with their emphasis on the spine. Gaming recliners ease a lot of the tension placed on the lower back during long sessions.
As such, you will get fewer back issues when you play with a nice one. Some models of gaming recliners also feature accessories useful for playing experience like built-in speakers and cup holders.
- Are gaming recliners for children or adults?
There are gaming recliners made for both children and adults. Children’s recliners often feature cheaper designs and smaller measurements. Most of the models we included on this list cater to adults, but that does not mean that children cannot use them as well.
However, you should not expect this double usability with children product. We do not recommend adults using a child’s gaming recliner.
- Do gaming recliners and chairs improve your gaming performance?
For the most part, gaming recliners and chairs deal more with comfort than performance. However, this fact does not mean that they cannot affect your gameplay.
For instance, being more relaxed will make you more focused on intense online matches. Also, if your chair comes with built-in speakers, then you can hear subtle noises that other players might miss.
How We Reviewed the Gaming Recliners
We review the gaming recliners on this list by looking at three distinct areas. Specifically, we look at the quality, function, and overall price of each product.
For each of these areas, we ask a series of questions that help us determine some of the strengths and weaknesses associated with each product.
Once we answer these questions, we determine which product represents the best combination of the three factors. Here are some of the items we ask:
- Quality — What type of material does the company use? Is the material comfortable? Does the recliner hold up over time?
- Function — How does the chair appeal to gamers? Does it come with any added features? How does the recliner feel when you play in it?
- Overall price — How much does the gaming recliner cost? How does the company justify this cost? Does the chair represent a good value?
Overall Price Range
The price range of a gaming recliner depends on the type of chair you get and the special features it comes within the package. For example, a recliner with built-in speakers and similar tech will cost more than a typical recliner.
Usually, the price range for this chair falls between one hundred to six hundred dollars. However, some of the more expensive models can cost upwards of one thousand dollars.
Gaming Recliner Buyer’s Guide
In this section, we go over some advice for new customers interested in buying the best gaming chair possible. In this guide, we recommend you look at several essential factors. The first thing you want to look out for is the ergonomics included with the chair.
How comfortable is it? You want to find a recliner with lumbar support and a high level of adjustability. That way, it does not hurt your back or behind when you sit in it all day. You also want to examine the durability. What kind of material does the company use the product?
Sturdy steel frames usually last a lot longer than flimsy wooden ones. The better the frame, then the longer it will last. In terms of upholstery, it comes down to preference. Some people prefer fabric, while others like leather. However, make sure you get PU leather instead of the real thing.
Real leather will quickly cost you an arm and a leg. PU leather is just as comfortable, and it is much more affordable. If you are a more significant individual, then we also recommend keeping an eye out for the weight and height requirements.
If your chair does not support you, then it can break more quickly while you use it. Or, if you are too short or tall for it, then it can be uncomfortable when you sit in it. You should also consider things like the dimensions.
Look at the space where you want to put the chair and make sure that it will fit — even when it reclines. If you want an immersive experience, then you should look for a recliner that can hook up with your gaming console.
If you want this feature, then make sure that the product you get is compatible with the console you own.
Top Five Best Gaming Recliners
In this section, we list some of our favorite contenders for the best gaming recliner. Keep in mind that this order does not reflect a ranking. However, we do list our favorite product at the end of the article.
- Material:High-quality PU leather (comfortable skin friendly and easily cleaned), high-density thicker sponge ( high resilience and high permeability)
- Double Comfort: Lumbar vibration massage function, a variety of massage mode and sleep mode, push-back recliner design with adjustable footrest, wider armrests with curved shape, larger-size seat cushion, thicker recliner back to give you a comfortable enjoyment.
- Upgraded Footrest: Highly Durable steel frame with thicker foam padding, better to enjoy your favorite TV shows or rest
- Maximum Capacity: 265 lbs; Seat Height: 17.7”; Seat Dimensions:19.7"(W) x 22.1"(D); Back Dimensions:20.9"(W) x 29.1"(H); Open Dimensions: 27.6”(W) x 64.2”(D) x 27.9”(H); Closed Dimensions:27.6”(W) x 35.8”(D) x 38.6”(H)
- Foot protection: This single recliner is supported by four sturdy feet with non-marking pads which effectively protect the sofa and hard floor.
While the company that makes the Homall Single Recliner Chair does not make their product specifically for gamers, we find that it fits the needs perfectly. Comfort is the name of the game with this model.
It features a push back recliner with full arms for relaxing. The material PU leather that offers a soft, plush feel. Both the foot and the backrest come double padded, so you can spend hours on the device without feeling tired.
- Nice size
- Affordable price
- Easy assembly
- Works well in small spaces
- Not very durable
- Sometimes falls apart
- Bad customer service
Now that we know a little about the Homall Single Recliner Chair let us go into some more specific features that come with the product.
The device measures dimensions of 29.2 x 20.7 x 27.7 inches. The recliner is undeniably small, but we find that it does still work well with more significant individuals.
However, it does come with a weight limit of two hundred seventy-five pounds. Also, shorter individuals might find that the chair does not conform to their back well. The Homall Single Recliner Chair weighs around sixty-one pounds.
You can put the product into two different positions: recline and upright. Four plastic feet separate the recliner from the floor, which makes it ideal for soft or hard floors.
Where to Buy
You can purchase the Homall Single Recliner Chair Padded Seat at retailers like Amazon, NewEgg, and the Chair Institute.
Unfortunately, the Homall Single Recliner Chair Padded Seat does not come with a comprehensive warranty. You can return it within thirty days if there is an issue, but this feature is the only insurance you will get with the product.
- CONTROLS AND DRINKS AT THE READY with a removable side pouch that hangs off the left arm to keep game controllers close and a cupholder built into the left arm so you don't have to pause the gaming action to refuel.
- CONTINUOUS SURFACE WITH INDEPENDENT CONTROLS. The chair and footrest are a continuous surface, no open spaces to get wires caught, but operate independently to give you total control over your gaming chair experience.
- RECLINE WITH CONFIDENCE. Comfortably recline up to 135-degrees and feel secure because the 360-degree swivel base provides sturdy support for both the extendable footrest and reclining back -- allowing you to focus on your foes, not your balance.
- RESPAWN LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY covers your gaming chair for users up to 275 lb and has your back so that you can crush it on the battlefield.
- CONSOLE GAMING COMFORT provided by a plush removable headrest pillow and segmented padding that lead to the ultimate experience -- a fully functional gaming recliner that lets you level up while laying back.
If you prefer a chair recliner that the company made specifically for gamers, then you cannot go wrong with the RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner. You can easily play games all day without feeling uncomfortable.
The product features a more traditional design that most people will associate the gaming chair tech. This chair is comfortable and features multiple recline positions.
- Easy to assemble
- Includes cup holder
- Comfortable design
- Durable product
- Specific design for gamers
- Headrest too low for some
- Vinyl material heats up
- High price
The RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner comes with a removable pillow for keeping your neck comfortable aligned while you play. It also comes with multiple cup holders, so you do not need to pause your game to access your gamer fuel.
On the side of the chair, you can find removable pouches for storing things like wires or game controllers.
The dimensions of the product measure out to be 51.2 x 30.7 x 44.9 inches. The recliner weighs around forty-eight in half pounds and can hold around two hundred seventy-five pounds.
With the RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner, you can recline comfortably up to one hundred thirty-five degrees.
The three hundred sixty degrees base also offers a high degree of swiveling. You can adjust the chair into multiple recline positions using a lever on the side of the product.
Where to Buy
You can purchase the RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner at the company’s website or major retailers like Walmart, Amazon, Target, and NewEgg.
The RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- ALL PURPOSE PEDESTAL GAMING CHAIR: Leather lounging game chair can be used for playing video games, watching movies and TV, listening to music, reading, and relaxing.
- COMPLETE MEDIA EXPERIENCE: Chair incorporates two forward facing speakers, audio force modulation technology, and ported power subwoofers into the open space inside the chair for full immersion in your game, movie, or music.
- ADDITIONAL VIBRATION MOTORS: The Pro Series H3 includes additional vibration motors that sync with your audio's bass tones to create an even more powerful full-body sensation keeping you comfortable and entertained for hours.
- RADIO WIRELESS RECEIVER: Built-in radio wireless receiver and included wireless transmitter work with any source with RCA stereo outputs; optional RCA cables included
- COMPATIBILITY: Compatible with Xbox, PlayStation, and all other gaming systems.
If you want a recliner that provides a fully immersive experience when you play, then you will love the X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair. You can hook the device up via Bluetooth and get in-game audio from the two built-in speakers in the headrest.
This feature gives you an edge when you play with people online since you can hear subtle noises that other people miss. It also provides the chair with a lifelike rumbling sensation that makes racing games even more thrilling.
- Speakers near headrest
- Sturdy design
- Can connect with multiple chairs
- Good for teenagers
- Rumble from audio
- No footrest
- Poor customer service
- Not that comfortable
The X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair measures out to be 28.5 x 23 x 23.5 inches in dimension. The product weighs roughly fifty-four pounds. The chair does not come with a footrest, but it does feature swiveling and tilting capabilities.
Unfortunately, the plush cushion design that comes with the X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair is not that comfortable for extended use. Instead, the company puts the sound element at the top of their concern list.
The two speakers that come with the product feature 2.1 AFM Technology that you cannot work with wirelessly. Alternatively, you can also connect with a device using an RCA cable.
Where to Buy
You can purchase the X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair at the company’s website or major retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Hayneedle.
Unfortunately, the X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair does not come with any warranty offer.
- Overall Size: 32.75''W x 32'' - 40''D x 41''H | Seat Size: 20.5"W x 21"D x 17"H | Back Size: 24.5"W x 28"H | Arm Size: 22"H from floor; 4"H from seat | Wall Clearance: 7" | Ottoman Size: 22"W X 18.5"D X 15"H
- Contemporary styling fits neatly in your living room, bedroom, den, man cave or office
- Plush arms and seating with soft and durable LeatherSoft upholstery
- Ball-bearing swiveling mahogany wood base with floor protector glides; Max Weight Capacity: 250lbs
If you want a gaming recliner that fits into the background a traditional living room nicely, then you will like the Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman. You can get the product in for attractive neutral colors. While it might blend into the room, it will certainly stand out when you use it. The comfortable plush material makes hours in front of the television go by like it is nothing.
- Soft leather material
- Attractive look
- Includes ottoman
- Good value
- Intuitive reclining function
- Hard to assemble
- Warranty does not cover accidents
- Low armrests
The Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman feature a swiveling wooden base and lever adjusting recliner. It does not feature a built-in footrest, but it does come with a comfortable ottoman.
In terms of dimensions, the recliner measures out to be 40 x 32.8 x 41 inches. The product weighs around fifty-four pounds and can support individuals three hundred pounds or lighter.
The PU leather material breathes nicely during hot days and cleans up quickly if you spill any liquid or food on it.
However, you probably should not expect the Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman to last longer than five years. The wooden frame means that frequent use will eventually break it over time.
Where to Buy
You can purchase the Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman at major retailers like Walmart, Amazon, Staples, Home Depot and Hayneedle.
The Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman comes with a two-year warranty plan
The last gaming recliner on our list is the FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single. While it might seem small, this affordable chair actually packs a pretty great punch. It features bright and fun color designs that make it ideal for children or teenage use.
However, even adults can fit comfortably in the product. If space is a big concern in the area you want to set up your gaming recliner, then we recommend the FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single.
- Easy to clean material
- Fully reclines into nap mode
- Comfortable head and neck section
- Easy to assemble
- Not too heavy
- Low armrests
- Not that sturdy
- Bright, flashy colors
The FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single comes with a headrest and built-in footrest. The cushion material feels spongy, so it is comfortable for marathon sessions.
The FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single features a PU leather material that is easy to clean. In terms of dimensions, the chair measures out to be 39.4 x 32.7 x 25.2 inches. However, do not think just because it is small that it is not sturdy.
The fifty nine-pound recliners still feature an active center of gravity that makes it incredibly stable. The FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single can support people who weigh three hundred pounds or less.
The chair can lean back at a one hundred sixty degrees angle so you can use it just as well for napping as gaming. The product is also incredibly easy to set up — it only takes three minutes, and you do not need any tools.
Where to Buy
You can purchase the FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single at major retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and La-Z-Boy.
Unfortunately, the FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single does not come with any warranty offers.
Comparison of Table
In this section, we compare some of the critical information we listed in the previous part of the articles. We include these selling points so you can get an at-a-glance look at some of the things necessary to you in a gaming recliner.
|Gaming recliners||Homall Single Recliner Chair||RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner||X Rocker 51396 Pro Series Pedestal 2.1 Video Gaming Chair||Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman||FDW Gaming Chair Recliner Chair Reclining Sofa Single|
|Price||Around one hundred and fourteen dollars||Around two hundred seventy-seven dollars||Around one hundred sixty dollars||Around two hundred forty dollar||Around one hundred and forty dollars|
|Material||PU leather||Segmented foam||Plush cushioning||Black leather||PU leather|
|Maximum capacity||Two hundred sixty-five pounds||Two hundred seventy-five pounds||Three hundred pounds||Three hundred pounds||Three hundred pounds|
|Height||Twenty-seven inches||Fifty-one inches||Twenty-eight inches||Forty-one inches||Forty inches|
The Verdict: Best Gaming Recliner
In our opinion, the award for the best gaming recliner falls to the RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner. While the other chairs are undoubtedly comfortable and good deals, they lack the gaming feel that this product provides.
Most of them are entertainment or theater recliners that you can use for gaming purposes. The RESPAWN-900 Racing Style Gaming Recliner, on the other hand, comes specifically geared gamers needs.
It provides multiple seating positions that cater to the angles that most video game players enjoy playing. It is also incredibly comfortable. You can sit in it for marathon sessions without feeling any discomfort. The only problem is it might not fit with styles of sure room decor.
However, if this factor is an essential concern to you, then we recommend going with one of the more traditional looking products like the Flash Furniture Contemporary Black Leather Recliner and Ottoman.
We hope this article helped you find the best gaming recliner for your specific needs. Good luck with your shopping process!